Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hawaii

This is me still working backwards...we went to Hawaii last month...and I'm just now posting some pictures! We had a great time on Maui, and loved spending time on the Big Island too! It was a little stressful traveling with Carter and Clara, but so worth it! Here are some highlights...

This was on the Big Island...Jeff and I have this thing for volcanoes and lava rock. Kind of nerdy, I know! We want to go back to this island and do some exploring!


This was a family reunion of sorts, we met up with Stan and Maria and their cute kids on the Big Island. Their kids were so great with Carter and Clara, it was fun to see them and spend time with them!

Back on Maui, Clara LOVED the sand and the ocean.


Carter on the other hand...not so much. He likes swimming and kicking as long as it's in a pool...I guess he's like his Mom and is afraid of large (and small!) sea creatures.


It's a family tradition, we always have to eat at Longhi's. We were lucky enough to have Grandpa and Grandma Dowdle come with us. They were a huge help, and a lot of fun to be with.
This was our first trip where it wasn't just the two of us. It's tricky traveling with babies, but we loved it and are already planning our next trip!

5 comments:

Charmayne said...

Great pics Brandy! We should meet up in Hawaii sometime. My kiddo's love entertaining all of my little daycare kiddo's (including my twins. We have only been to Maui and Oahu. We are planning a trip next year sometime and hope to head over to the Big Island to check out the volcanoe. It's not nerdy-it's cool and you know Doug- Mr. Science Teacher-he would be in 7th heaven. :)

Ginga said...

How fun - we want to take the boys to Hawaii one day - probably not for a few years though. I thinks its pretty awesome that you would take the kids with you instead of leaving them home!!

Aceves Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aceves Family said...

It looks like so much fun!!! We have never made it to Hawaii yet...yes, I know we are behind!!! I think that it is great that you took the kids...I am sure it was a different kind of trip but what great memories!

The Hatches said...

OK, I am just plain jealous that you all went to Hawaii. What fun pictures; it looked like you all had a great time!